His professional activity has always been developed in the private sector. He began his professional career in the British multinational company Construcciones Laing, as Construction Manager Engineer in two sections of the A-7 highway.
Subsequently, he joined a national construction company, where he remained until June of last year, participating as Director of Studies and Projects and later as Director of Contracting. Under his direction, large infrastructure works were studied, tendered and subsequently built:
- The Madrid-Toledo toll highway.
- Several high-speed sections for Administrador de Infraestructuras Ferroviarias (ADIF), including the Siete Aguas-Buñol high-speed section. This section broke the world record for tunnel boring machine progress on several occasions.
- The construction of the Melonares dam in Seville.
- The second runway at Madrid-Barajas international airport.
- The new Levante dock of the Port of Malaga.
- The expansion of the port of Algeciras.
In the field of construction, the projects of the Hospital del Tajo in Madrid, the T2 airport terminal in Malaga and the Beatriz Hotel in Malaga, as well as numerous singular building projects, are worth mentioning.
He has been Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Association of Independent Constructors (ANCI) for the past six years and has participated in numerous national and international infrastructure development forums.
In the international construction sector, he has carried out projects and executed works both in projects directly for the public administration and under concessions in Poland, Romania, Morocco, Nigeria, Mexico, Colombia, Peru and Chile, and within the latter Latin American countries, with special attention to infrastructure projects related to the transport sector.
He has developed numerous lectures on the processes of implementation and internationalization of construction companies abroad, how to analyze the situation of the target countries and how to size the implementation process.
Author of several studies and articles mainly on infrastructures, he actively participates in discussion forums and presentations in the construction sector both nationally and internationally.